- Keep your lashes curled longer by wiggling the brush back and forth at the base of your lashes, and then swiping to the tips: If you coat your lashes evenly, it will weigh down the tips of the hairs, causing your lashes to straighten out after a few minutes. The best way to hold a curl is to apply a thicker coat of mascara at the root of your lashes and a lighter one toward the ends. You can achieve this by wiggling the wand back and forth at the base, and then lightly combing through to the tips.
- Layer waterproof mascara on top of your regular formula to make your mascara last longer and make it easier to remove at the end of the day: Waterproof formula is great at holding curl and keeping your mascara from smearing throughout the day, but because it’s so difficult to remove, try applying your normal mascara first and finishing with a coat of waterproof.
- Hold a spoon underneath your eye when applying mascara on your lower lashes to avoid getting marks on your skin: Place a spoon below your eye with the curved side facing out, and then apply your mascara like you normally would to your lower lashes. That way, the mascara will land on the back of the spoon rather than your skin. This trick also works when applying mascara on your upper lashes.
- Spin the tip of a cotton swab over a dried mascara mistake to remove the spot without ruining your eyeshadow: If you accidentally touch your eyelid with mascara after you’ve applied your eye shadow, wait for the spot to dry, then place the tip of a cotton swab on top of the spot, and spin it until it’s gone. If you try to remove the mark while the mascara is still wet, you’ll smear it and make the problem worse.
- Heat your eyelash curler with a blow-dryer so your lashes curl more easily and hold the shape longer: Blow warm air onto the lash curler with your blow-dryer until it heats up, wait until it cools slightly (test the warmth on the back of your hand first to make sure it won’t burn you), and then curl your lashes as normal. This trick creates curled lashes the same way curling your hair with a curling iron does.
Products to Try:
- Blinc Mascara: this formula forms tubes around your elelashes making them appear thicker and longer, and also wont flake or rub off!
- MUD eyelash curler
- MUD mascara: the creamy formula allows you to coat every strand keeping your lashes looking natural. The squishy tube also allows you to get every last drop of mascara from the tube!
Bookmark and Share
Close Bookmark and Share This Page
If you like this then please subscribe to the RSS Feed.