Your guide for the top 5 summer hair trends for 2014:
1. Bright Blondes: Nothing screams summer like bright blonde hair! Chlorine, sun light and certain products can tarnish your bright blonde, so use a blue or purple shampoo to get your perfect shade back. Product tip: Remove coppery tones from ice blonde hair using Aveda Blue Malva Shampoo.
2. The Low Ponytail: Keep a hairband or two (and maybe a hair accessory or two) at work for hair emergencies; the low ponytail is the perfect caught-in-a-rain-shower fall-back style. Product tip: finish your style with Aveda’s Control Force hairspray to keep your ponytail looking sleek.
3. Mermaid Waves: Good news for lazy girls; spring’s biggest trend is laid-back, fuss-free mermaid waves. The more randomly placed and tousled the better! Channel Daryl Hannah in Splash and create easy-peasy texture by braiding damp hair before bed. Product tip: keep your mermaid waves luscious by using the Aveda Dry Remedy Oil for hydration.
4. Long and Straight: Achieve spring/summer ’14’s long and straight looks by blow-drying locks rather than straightening hair. Always opt for a centre parting for that model off-duty vibe. Product tip: Aveda’s Naturally Straight will cut down on frizz and smooth wavy and curly locks.
5. Bobs: The biggest haircut of 2013, the bob, is set to take 2014 by storm. Spotted on runways across the four fashion capitals for spring/summer ’14, this season’s bobs come in all shapes and sizes, from slick and smooth to choppy and textured. Product tip: for a sleek bob, finish your style with Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid or opt for the Aveda Control Paste for a funky look.
These five easy ideas are a great way to change up your look and have some fun this summer! If you need help mastering any of these styles book a complementary 15 minute consultation with one of our hair artists to assist you! All products listed are available at Rituals in Hair and Skin.
Visit us on our Facebook page and Instagram!