Outdoor summer weddings are simply stunning! Whether they’re out on the beach, a winery (uhm, hello wine!) or a beautiful botanic garden, there’s nothing quite like watching the bride walk down the aisle among all that nature has to offer. Handkerchief, anyone? Now, let’s cut the cheesy stuff and talk about one more important factor of being outside in the summer — HEAT … and let’s not forget about its sidekick, humidity! Whether you’re the bride, bridesmaid or guest, you just spent a good amount of time getting your hair and makeup on point — don’t let it fall flat or melt on such a special occasion. Here’s how to guarantee your look stays put — from the ceremony ’til sundown.
- Start with sun protection! Hopefully, this is something you’re already doing. But, if you’re going to be outside in the sun all day, an SPF is a must. Not only will it protect from harmful UV rays, but it will also help keep your makeup in place. Use Yonka’s SPF 25 and 50 on your face and the SPF 20 spray to protect you from the sun.
- Use an oil-free primer to prevent a makeup meltdown. To sweat-proof, heatproof and even groomsman-proof your foundation (mhm), lay down your “glue” aka oil-free primer to ensure your foundation can weather the elements. We love MUD’s Face Primer to hold your makeup on.
- Steer clear of sticky lipgloss. Summer breeze + long hair + sticky lipgloss = disaster. Instead, use a lip and cheek stain like YSL Kiss and Blush for a touch of color that wont need constant retouching.
- Choose your eye makeup wisely. Thick and creamy eye shadows will crease, crumble and melt. Use a powder finish shadow and waterproof liquid eyeliner and mascara to prevent “raccoon eyes.” Especially if you’re known to cry at weddings! Blinc’s liquid liner and mascara are waterproof and won’t smudge or flake all over your face.
- Give your makeup some serious staying power. Using a large, fluffy brush, apply a light layer of translucent powder like the MUD loose powder in Zero to keep skin oil free and finish off with a mist of Yonka’s Lotion YK to set your makeup for the day.